Makes 4 servings.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
Nutrition per serving
- Toss together strawberries and sugar in a bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes or until syrupy.
- Whisk together milk, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs in a shallow dish. Add muffins, turning gently to coat both sides. Soak for 3 minutes.
- Heat a large griddle or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat with cooking spray. Add coated muffins in batches, and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until browned. Repeat procedure
- with remaining muffins.
- Top muffins with berries and yogurt.
- 220 calories
- 3 grams or 0.1 oz. total fat
- 0.5 grams or 0.02 oz. saturated fat
- 12 grams or 0.42 oz. protein
- 38 grams or 1.34 oz. carbohydrate
- 2 grams or 0.07 oz. fiber
- 270 mg sodium
Are you a foodie and love to cook? Do you want to share your cooking skills with fellow SmartHealth members and Ascension Associates? Email SmartHealthCommunications@Ascension.org with a healthy recipe. Ascension dietitians will work to put your recipe, credited to you, in an issue of the SmartHealth member newsletter.